Spark Cardio battery not lasting an hour; can the battery be replaced? — TomTom Community

Spark Cardio battery not lasting an hour; can the battery be replaced?

Peter RobertsonPeter Robertson Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
My TomTom Spark Cardio battery is not lasting an hour and with continued updates, it is lasting less. can the battery be replaced, if so how can it be done. Thanks

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,101 Superusers
    The battery is not meant to be replaceable and TomTom neither sells the battery nor offers a replacement service. Some users have tried to buy a battery from a third party and dismantle the watch to replace it, but you do it at your own risk as you void the warranty. You should try a factory reset which often fixes battery issues and if it continues, call Support who can look at it further. If the unit is several years old it may simple be that it is at the end of its life cycle.

To do a factory reset, make sure the Connect software is running and dock the device to your computer. The Connect window will open; press the gear at the top right and select factory reset from the next screen. Follow the steps provided and when prompted to register or sign in to MySports, select sign in and use your existing account credentials. It is fairly straightforward and should take less than 5 minutes.

To get the number for Customer Support, select Contact Us at the bottom of this page, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • cameliaRojascameliaRojas Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi, i have to chance my tomtom battery but can find the exact one, mine is 260mAh and 3.8v, the one i found are 280mah and 3.7v. i can run my watch with these?
    Thanks