Why doesn’t my watch give me alerts for WhatsApp?

Caerwyn
Caerwyn Registered Users Posts: 1
New Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
My Tomtom runner 3 doesn’t give me alerts for WhatsApp. Do you have a solution?

Comments

• EVA_27
    EVA_27 Registered Users Posts: 34
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    Your watch doesn't give you Whatsapp alerts because it's not a feature provided by TomTom. The watch can only show you incoming calls and SMS messages, nothing else. So unfortunately, there's no solution.
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,932
    Superuser
    EVA_27 is correct, all you will get for notifications are those from the native phone and text apps, not third-party apps (like Facebook messenger or What's App). And all you get is single notification alert on a single screen, you cannot scroll through to recall missed ones or interact with it in any way. It essentially just telling you to look at your phone. There is nothing you can do to fix it, it is just the way it is. I think they were committed to add phone notifications since they had advertised it, so they implemented the most basic system. Since they have now left the wearables market and are no longer producing devices I would not expect any changes on this front unfortunately.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.