Music after starting a run

orcward
orcward Registered Users Posts: 1
New Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
I went out on a run this morning. It was the second run with this watch, and I wanted to start recording, then after about an hour, start my music playlist. I couldn't. All I was able to do was scroll through all the options available during the run. I did not dare to screen left as it would have simply paused the run recording and a second screen left would have completed the run, and I still had a few hours to go. I downloaded the manual from your website but cannot find out the details. Incidentally, the manual is not included with the watch on purchase.
How can I start my playlist after commencing a run? Do I have to start the playlist before finding satellites (which I do not want to do) as it reduces battery life. My previous Garmin kept running out of battery after four hours so I don't want a repeat performance, and still want to play music.

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,935
    Superuser
    You cannot select a playlist after starting your run. You need to connect the headphones, select the playlist and then start an activity. if you do not connect the headphones and select a playlist first it cannot be done without exiting the activity. There are no battery concerns, if you pause the playlist it is not using any battery life. I have done testing with a playlist selected but paused and no playlist selected and get no difference in life since there is no extra work being done by the watch (unless it is transmitting a signal while playing it is not using the battery for music).

You can access the manual online at the link below. Unfortunately no one ships printed manuals anymore as it seems as most people don't look at them anyway and it increases the production and shipping costs.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.

http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/watch2016/index.htm
  • sweetman70
    sweetman70 Registered Users Posts: 39
    Outstanding Explorer
    Hi all,
    I'm using a spark cardio+music and I can confirm that you can change playlist when you pause the activity. At least, this works for me.
    Just pause the activity, click the down buttom (gear icon) select playlist and change it.
    Tony
  • tfarabaugh
    Superuser
    sweetman70 wrote:
    Hi all,
    I'm using a spark cardio+music and I can confirm that you can change playlist when you pause the activity. At least, this works for me.
    Just pause the activity, click the down buttom (gear icon) select playlist and change it.
    Tony
    You can change the playlist as long as you already paired the headphones and selected an initial playlist. I read the original poster to mean they want to start the music from scratch in the middle of an activity.
  • sweetman70
    sweetman70 Registered Users Posts: 39
    Outstanding Explorer
    Ops! Sorry! you're right, as always :wink:!
  • tfarabaugh
    Superuser
    sweetman70 wrote:
    Ops! Sorry! you're right, as always :wink:!
    We were both right, just in different ways!