Spark 3 and CooSpo cadence sensor

asmmargod
asmmargod Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Hello fellow humans. I've gotten CooSpoo cadence and speed sensor but I can't pair it with my Spark 3 watch. When I turn on the bike sensor on the watch and move the sensor to activate it my watch doesn't seem to find it.
I tried the sensor with one of the apps on android and the sensor is visible and reads the data but on the watch there's no joy.
I've also got CooSpo heart rate strap and this works well. Both CooSpo devices are supposed to be BLE so I'm a bit puzzled at what's wrong.
Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,936
    Superuser
    Make sure your sensors are set up properly with the minimum spacing between the sensor and the magnets (sounds like they are if your phone is finding them). Next, make sure no other devices are using the sensors. If you previously synced with a phone on you will need to turn it off before the watch will pick up the sensor. BT is a one-to-one relationship so it goes with the first device it finds. Deselect the sensor from the app and turn off BT on your phone and try it again with the watch. If that does not work, try a factory reset of the watch (may help and it can't hurt). Just because one product from a company works does not mean another will as HR straps and cadence sensors have totally different BT protocols. The BT standard is in such a way a 'standard' that it can be widely interpreted with different settings for buffer sizes, time outs, profiles, protocols, antenna configurations, etc.. TomTom cannot change their code every time a manufacturers messes with the BT coding and since there are hundreds of models out there so there is no way for TT to test them all and since the manufacturers often tweak the BT settings there is no way to know upfront if a device will work or not.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • asmmargod
    asmmargod Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    Make sure your sensors are set up properly with the minimum spacing between the sensor and the magnets (sounds like they are if your phone is finding them). Next, make sure no other devices are using the sensors. If you previously synced with a phone on you will need to turn it off before the watch will pick up the sensor. BT is a one-to-one relationship so it goes with the first device it finds. Deselect the sensor from the app and turn off BT on your phone and try it again with the watch. If that does not work, try a factory reset of the watch (may help and it can't hurt). Just because one product from a company works does not mean another will as HR straps and cadence sensors have totally different BT protocols. The BT standard is in such a way a 'standard' that it can be widely interpreted with different settings for buffer sizes, time outs, profiles, protocols, antenna configurations, etc.. TomTom cannot change their code every time a manufacturers messes with the BT coding and since there are hundreds of models out there so there is no way for TT to test them all and since the manufacturers often tweak the BT settings there is no way to know upfront if a device will work or not.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
    Thanks for your speedy response. I have unpaired my phone and hard reset the TT watch but still no luck at all. It looks like I'll have to send the sensor back and look into other options.
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,936
    Superuser
    asmmargod wrote:
    tfarabaugh wrote:

Thanks for your speedy response. I have unpaired my phone and hard reset the TT watch but still no luck at all. It looks like I'll have to send the sensor back and look into other options.
    I have successfully used the TT sensor and the Wahoo Blue Speed/Cadence sensor so you can look at them.