Unable to use -Operate my device- TomTom HOME — TomTom Community

Unable to use -Operate my device- TomTom HOME

They have just cut support for my Classic XXL, should i still be able to use my PC to set my destination using Tom Tom Home 2?

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,431
    Superusers
    Hi
    @gard1036
    Try workaround by dhn,,,
    dhn wrote:
    Here is a workaround to get back to a version of Home that retains the old functionality:

1) Uninstall TomTom Home
    2) Download last "good" version from http://download.tomtom.com/sweet/application/releases/v2_9_91_411_win.exe 3) Install it without running ie, uncheck the 'Run Home' tick box when installation completes
    4) Using Windows Explorer, navigate to
    C:\Program Files\TomTom HOME 2\xul (32 bit Windows)
    or
    C:\Program Files (x86)\TomTom HOME 2\xul (64 bit Windows)
    and find application.ini file
    5) Edit application.ini file (you might need admin privileges) and modify "Version=2.9.91.411" to "Version=2.9.94.450"
    6) Run TomTom Home. It will believe to be running latest version 2.9.94.450 and therefore not pull the update.
    Edit...
    Important... the version number used in the example may/will change over time
    Substitute the version number in the example with latest version number
    Maybe future proof it, use something like Version=2.99.99.999

ATB YFM
  • dborowiczdborowicz Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Didn't work. I followed instructions and after I started Home it went into a loop that kept asking to install the next version. I had to delete from PC and download and install the current version.
  • justmebrowsingjustmebrowsing Posts: 389 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Those instructions were copied from elsewhere when the latest TTHome was 2.9.94.450 but now the latest is actually 2.11.3.150 so you need to fool TTHome into believing you have that or newer by using 2.11.4.000 or even 3.00.0.000 (anything higher that the last genuine version)
    Try again and let us know how you get on
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,345
    Superusers
    @dborowicz

Try this. Go through the steps again BUT, this time, change the version to 2.11.3.150 in the application.ini file.
  • LesD9LesD9 Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    Those instructions were copied from elsewhere when the latest TTHome was 2.9.94.450 but now the latest is actually 2.11.3.150 so you need to fool TTHome into believing you have that or newer by using 2.11.4.000 or even 3.00.0.000 (anything higher that the last genuine version)
    Try again and let us know how you get on

I can understand the logic of this, but it's not working for me.

I hadn't used my XL (GV version) for a year or so until receiving the email about the WNRO update.

Having now updated Home, the 'operate' function is dead. The latest version is 2.11.6.something but even using 3.0.0.0 gets nowhere.

Anyone had a success?
  • LesD9LesD9 Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    ps....actually it is now 2.12.0.0