Battery life

GailAnderson
GailAnderson Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Following on from all the comments above has anyone had any feedback on the problem, or if the watch had to be sent back to the support team have they fixed the issue or replaced the watch?
i have had my runner 3 for 17 months and run 10k four times 45 mins each a week and maybe use the watch for interval training twice more for roughly the same amount of time. Until recently I could go for five days without charging but in the last week or so i am having to recharge every two days which is crazy. I don't have any of the extras on if not training and never have so can only think it is the battery or the last update so appreciate other peoples feedback.
i previously had a Polar for four years and it had roughly 10 hrs of GPS from the day i bought it until the day i decided to change.... feeling frustrated!

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
     Superuser
    If you search the forums you will find this is a known issue for many users with the recent updates. They are reportedly working on a fix, but in the meanwhile you always have the option of syncing via computer. If you go to this post and ask the moderator to roll back your firmware version it should fix it, although you may lose the Fitness Points and Fit age features. They also may be able to put you on 1.7.64, which is in beta and supposedly fixes it.

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/spark-and-spark-3-runner-2-and-runner-3-473/unable-to-pair-sync-after-update-to-firmware-v1-7-53-runner-and-spark-watch-series-1030088

You can also try a factory reset which fixes it for some people.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • GailAnderson
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thank you. Unfortunately your reply appears to be regarding the sync issue for which I am aware they have just released an update - I am talking about battery life suddenly deteriorating
  • tfarabaugh
     Superuser
    Thank you. Unfortunately your reply appears to be regarding the sync issue for which I am aware they have just released an update - I am talking about battery life suddenly deteriorating
    Battery drain is also part of the same issue. The flawed update caused both sync issues and battery drain problems. A factory reset may fix the battery drain issue, otherwise you need to wait for the fixed update.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • GailAnderson
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thank you for your suggestion but I have now run the latest update and charged the watch a couple of times and battery life is still appalling.

It is pretty poor that after a year I can only do two 10km runs and I need to charge the watch.
  • tfarabaugh
     Superuser
    Thank you for your suggestion but I have now run the latest update and charged the watch a couple of times and battery life is still appalling.

It is pretty poor that after a year I can only do two 10km runs and I need to charge the watch.
    Ends up the latest updates did not resolve the battery issue, for that you need to request a rollback to 1.3.255 at the link below:

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/spark-and-spark-3-runner-2-and-runner-3-473/unable-to-pair-sync-after-update-to-firmware-v1-7-53-runner-and-spark-watch-series-1030088