Sat Nav loss of satellites - Via120 live

howdenbiker
howdenbiker Registered Users Posts: 26
Outstanding Wayfarer
edited December 2021 in Devices using MyDrive Connect
Hi Tom Tom, is there a problem with satellite pick up at the moment? Over the last two days it has been extremely erratic, I checked the satellites and there is only one, a second one pops up for a few seconds then disappears, there used to be a lot showing on the screen previously.

Please let me know as I use my device all the time for work.

Regards,

Comments

• dhn
    dhn Posts: 33,382
    Superuser
    Try a drum reset on the unit by holding the power button about 20 seconds till you hear the drum sounds. Also make sure the battery is fully charged.
  • howdenbiker
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    Thanks, that seems to have made a difference, 6 satellites now.

I'm on the look out for a new sat nav now that Tom Tom have stopped supporting mine, very annoying as I spent a lot of money updating maps and live services every year!
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,806
    Superuser
    Hi
    @howdenbiker
    Just check... https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/obsolete-products/

Its the 2GB Modles with serial numbers staring with VIA 120 (LIVE) (AN/AU/FM) that are End of life

Also, Tomtom have stated if you have Lifetime maps the Lifetime Maps will be honoured

ATB YFM
  • howdenbiker
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    Thanks, I have checked and mine is E of L and I didn't have lifetime maps etc, had to pay for updates each year.

Hopefully I'll get some use out of it for while yet, the live traffic still works and as long as that does I'll be able to use it.

Very disappointed with Tom Tom, do not see why they could not use the same format for mapping and therefore not need to increase the memory, mine is less than 50% full.