Sync not working — TomTom Community

Sync not working

FoldingLlamaFoldingLlama Posts: 29 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Touch
Dear, I now own the Tomtom Touch for a couple of months, and it really is not worth buying this tracker. Reading the forum one can clearly notice that syncing is a real pain and mostly not working.

more worrying is that Tomtom clearly sees this problem, but can't resolve it. All they do is telling people the same troubleshooting over and over again, but it doens't resolve the problem:
  1. it is really difficult to connect the tracker and phone. a kind of trail and error and good luck.
  2. once you managed to connect them, it syncs a few times (in the best case), but then it says "connected" on the phone, yet the app can't manage to sync.
This situation is really a company as Tomtom unworthy. The worst thing is that Tomtom doesn't seem to bother...

Don't waste your money on this product I would say. Too bad I already did.

Comments

• lampardlampard Posts: 4,837 Moderator
    Hi FoldingLlama,

Sorry to hear about your experience! Have you a tried factory reset on your tracker? We have a known issue with the TomTom Touch and Android devices running Android Oreo (8.0) with no workaround at the moment.

If the reset doesn't work, please get in touch with our customer support and they'll be able to help you further in this case. You can click on the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of this page to Phone/Email them directly.

Cheers, lampard
  • FoldingLlamaFoldingLlama Posts: 29 [Apprentice Traveler]
    lampard wrote:
    Hi FoldingLlama,

Sorry to hear about your experience! Have you a tried factory reset on your tracker? We have a known issue with the TomTom Touch and Android devices running Android Oreo (8.0) with no workaround at the moment.

If the reset doesn't work, please get in touch with our customer support and they'll be able to help you further in this case. You can click on the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of this page to Phone/Email them directly.

Cheers, lampard

Dear,

I'm running Android 7.0 (not Oreo). Tried everything from uninstalling, repairing, resetting, factory reset ...

It just doesn't work...

With regards
    Even more weird is that today I got a call and the Touch showed it just fine (name of contact calling me), but syncing does not work...
    very weird in my opinion because the phone and touch clearly seem to be connected and communicating, but the sportsapp of TT itself can't manage to get a connection to sync...
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,319
    Superusers
    Even more weird is that today I got a call and the Touch showed it just fine (name of contact calling me), but syncing does not work...
    very weird in my opinion because the phone and touch clearly seem to be connected and communicating, but the sportsapp of TT itself can't manage to get a connection to sync...
    Have you tried calling Support as suggested by the moderator?
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    Have you tried calling Support as suggested by the moderator?

Yes, I had multiple contacts with them...
    Yesterday I found a post suggesting to turn of the Bluetooth scanning in the location settings. Tried it and... it worked... For three syncs... Now again it is not working anymore....