Spark 3

JerryTomTom
JerryTomTom Registered Users Posts: 6
Apprentice Seeker
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Why can't we edit our workouts by modifying the map of our run/walk/bike directly, such as any route mapping app? I sometimes forget to turn it off and would like to accurately mark where I finished, instead of seeing the route I drove home added on to my run.

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
     Superuser
    Because this is not a feature available on this or any sports tracking software (Gamin does not allow it and Strava does not allow it). The only service I know that allows this is SportTracks and then only in the desktop version, which you need to buy. It is quite a bit of work on the server side to allow this functionality as they are not mapping sties, they are sports tracking sites. Your only option is to remember to stop your activity.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • EVA_27
    EVA_27 Registered Users Posts: 34
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    Just a correction : Strava does allow you to cut off part of your activity (and you don't need a subscription). In Strava, you can indicate which part of your, let's say, run you want to keep and which part you want to delete, and thus delete your ride home when you forgot to turn off your watch.
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
     Superuser
    EVA_27 wrote:
    Just a correction : Strava does allow you to cut off part of your activity (and you don't need a subscription). In Strava, you can indicate which part of your, let's say, run you want to keep and which part you want to delete, and thus delete your ride home when you forgot to turn off your watch.
    You are correct, I forgot that Strava allows you to crop off a chunk of the activity. Unfortunately you can only see it in Strava as there is no way to get it back into MySports.