Re-using planned routes?Via 130

2CV67
2CV67 Registered Users Posts: 32
Prominent Wayfarer
edited December 2021 in Devices using MyDrive Connect
Hi!
With my Via 130M, is there any way I can set up a route (with several waypoints) once, then re-use it again frequently without needing to set it up again each time?

If not, I suppose the only simplification is to call each of the waypoints a favorite, so they are easier to pick from a short list?

As a related question, is there a reasonable way of using some toll-roads but not others?
The route I am planning now should use Swiss motorways (I have the pre-paid vignette) but avoid French autoroutes...
The only way I have found is to accept toll-roads then select waypoints which keep me off the ones I want to avoid.
This is messy!

Thanks for any tips!

Comments

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,797
    Superuser
    Hi
    @2CV67
    The NAV3 devices have a very basic Itinerary planning system, all the planning is done on the small screen on the device and the Itinerary can only have a Start Four Stops one of those stops being the End Stop (Destination)
    Also, the route cannot be saved for later use

Might be worth a look.....
    I used this method to plan routes on my NAV3 Via 120 Live and GO 825 Live

The Free “Tyre to Travel” program works with the standard NAV3 Tomtoms using POI Categories

Creating and Loading POI Categories into your Tomtom using the free version of Tyre to Travel
    Maybe a kind of remote Itinerary planning on your PC

Download the Free Tyre to Travel..... http://www.tyretotravel.com/download-tyre/

Tyre To Travel uses the large screen on your PC to view the maps, it easier than to scrolling around the screen of your Tomtom GO to find your waypoints (Stops)
    Note..... Click the yellow box on Tyre screen to search for addresses

With the latest Tyre, you can compile a route on your PC, and convert it a "POI Category" Inside the .Ov2 POI file will be your POI's
    To force the Category to appear at the top of the POI categories list in your Tomtom... I called mine "AAA Trip (Put today's date or some trip identifier here)
    Inside the POI category will be your POI's: on your Tomtom, they will show in the order by distance from your present location.

If you use some naming system like the suggestion below, when you load them on to your Tomtom they should end up in Numerical Order inside your POI Category.

While you are planning your route in Tyre, if you edit the names of your POI's so they each POI has a unique name (Say "01stop", "02stop", "03stop" etc ... then the last on as "##End" the ## being the last Stop number) I just add the “01stop” "02stop", "03stop" etc…as a prefix to the Name offered by Tyre
    After you have planned your route using Tyre and you are happy with the result, go to the 'File Menu' in Tyre click on 'Convert to a Tomtom POI file’ at the popup window answer 'Yes'
    Save your new Ov2 file to your Desktop using the 'Save As' option from the Tyre 'File Tab'

Edit... 26/02/18 Removed Tyre from the transfer process.... Tyres transfer system now seems geared to the latest's NAV4/5 (Wifi) devices

Download and install POI Edit....
    http://softop.tomtomusers.com/TomPoiEdr/

Now run the TomPoiEdrEn.exe file you should have the SoftTop POI editor running.
    Connect you Tomtom to your PC USB port and Turn it 'ON'
    Drag 'n' drop the New .OV2 into the POI editor
    Click on the Save to Device Icon on the SoftTop POI editor

061c1e48-caaf-4894-8577-2f27b8916c49.png
    POI Edit will upload your New POI file to your device
    Then navigate from POI to POI with your Tomtom planning the routes between the POIs.

Note... Further development of the POI Edit appears to have stopped ie... You can't use Google Maps/Earth within the POI Edit program to build a POI Category

ATB YFM