start 20 wont power up even when plugged in

turbopete
turbopete Registered Users Posts: 8
Legendary Explorer
edited December 2021 in Devices using MyDrive Connect
the unit is used regularly and ALWAYS used plugged in (thus eliminating potential battery issues when driving). I took the unit out of the car yesterday to update it (as I had an email saying it was needed) and it doesn't power up. not in the car, not in the PC, nowhere. the connection from the USB cable to the start 20 unit feels as solid as its always done from the say I bought it (not great but well clipped in). unlike older versions there is no 'power' LED to show that there is power going into the tomtom unit. I really hope this can be resolved/repaired exceptionally cheaply (or better yet, for free) as (with redundancy looming) money is tight and the unit is used to get to job interviews etc.
as it wont power up I cant give many more details as it wont connect to mydrive connect etc and (obviously) I cant access the info it has within the unit itself.

the USB cable and car charger plug both work fine. ive tried plugging them into other items to check.

any suggestions? anyone able to help?

Comments

• dhn
    dhn Posts: 33,382
     Superuser
    Try a drum reset on the unit by holding the power button about 20 seconds till you hear the drum sounds.
  • turbopete
    turbopete Registered Users Posts: 8
    Legendary Explorer
    thanks that seems to have done something and its powered up now.
  • dhn
    dhn Posts: 33,382
     Superuser
    You are welcome.