GPS issue on the Spark

Wouter Dijkman
Wouter Dijkman Registered Users Posts: 1
New Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
When I start with my training my watch is OK on GPS and its working directly. But during the run it stops and doesn't connect with GPS again. This ik happening often. I have to close the training on my watch and start again and hope it will not happen again. But it does. What can I do? I just did a hard reset to check if this will help.

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,936
    Superuser
    Are you updating the QuickGPS file a minimum of every three days by syncing the watch? This caches the expected satellite locations and makes for quicker attainment. Also do not try to get signal while moving, you are just making it harder on the watch. Best to just sit still with the button pointing skyward (or take it off and place it on a flat surface) until it finds the GPS. Make sure the watch is in an unobstructed area without large buildings, tree cover or reflective surfaces as this will cause a lot of interference. It will also take longer the first time you are in a new location but will speed up thereafter as it caches the location data for that spot. Once you get the Go it is best to give it another minute or two as Go is just the minimum satellites locked on. The longer you wait the more it will grab and the better your signal will be.

If the behavior continues even after a reset and updating the GPS file regularly then you should contact Support who can determine if it is a hardware issue. To get the number for Customer Support, select Contact Us at the bottom of this page, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.