Oops something has gone wrong when syncing with Windows software — TomTom Community

Oops something has gone wrong when syncing with Windows software

cdsmythecdsmythe Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
Hi anyone

My watch has stopped syncing with my Windows 10 Tomtom Sports Connect software.
The software appears to detect the watch, Connect, start Syncing, then the useless "oops something has gone wrong" message appears.

Just sharing that to fix it this is what I did:
  1. put the watch in the charging cradle and while holding the down button on the watch connected the cable to the computer, while still holding down the down button until a reset message appeared on the watch. The Mysports software started on the computer after I let the button go (maybe 10 - 15 seconds)
  2. The Mysports software started resetting the watch
  3. everything was good

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,677
    Superusers
    That is the recovery reset that they suggest for these issues. The full instructions are:

1. Place your watch in the dock before you connect the dock to the computer.
    2. On your watch, move DOWN but keep the button pressed.*
    3. Connect the dock to the computer. Keep pressing the button until your watch shows tomtom.com/reset.
    4. Release the button and wait for MySports Connect to show Update.
    5. Click Update in MySports Connect.

* If the USB port on your computer is not easily accessible, connect the dock to the computer without the watch. Then move down from the clock screen while you slide the watch into the dock.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.