Device not recognised
edited January 24
I've plugged my watch in to a Windows 10 pc, it's charging but it hasn't recognised my watch and the MySportsConnect app doesn't locate it either. Any ideas? Anyone seen this before?
Community Managers, Administrators
Can you try pushing the watch into the dock a bit more firmly? In most cases that fixes it.
If not, does Windows 10 give any error regarding missing drivers?
Besides making sure it is fully snapped into the cradle check that none of the pins on the dock are bent or pressed in, as that will prevent a connection. If any of the pins are bent or deformed straighten them out with a pin and make sure the contacts on the back of the watch are free of tarnish or grime. Also try taking the watch out of the band to dock it so it can fully snap in. Here are a few things to look at (and I apologize if some are very basic but it is best to get past the obvious issues first):
1) Are you plugged directly into the machine and not a hub?
2) Does the port work, can the computer detect other devices (like flash drives) in that port?
3) Is the watch firmly snapped into the cradle and the USB plug firmly in the port?
4) Is the USB plug free of any debris or blockages?
5) Is the Connect software actually running (is there an icon for it in the notification area)?
6) Did you install MySports Connect, not MyDrive Connect? It is downloaded from tomtom.com/123
7) Do you have administrator rights to the computer?
8) Is a firewall or antivirus running that is blocking the software from connecting to TomTom (try turning them off before docking the watch)?
9) Does the computer have a good Internet connection (Internet is required to sync)?
10) Can you try installing it on a different machine to determine if it is an issue with the computer versus the watch?
If nothing above helps you may have a bad dock or there may be computer setting blocking it. At that point I would suggest calling Customer Support and seeing what they can do. They are able to more deeply investigate and diagnose problems than we can here on the user forum. To get the number for Customer Support, click Contact at the bottom of this page, enter the product name and click Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).
I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
Thanks for your help.
Welcome and support
Maps and Services
RoadTrips by TomTom
Community Knowledge Base