Can't sync POI files from MyDrive to TomTom GO Mobile iOS — TomTom Community

Can't sync POI files from MyDrive to TomTom GO Mobile iOS

PrivateerUKPrivateerUK Posts: 326 [Supreme Pioneer]
Hi,

I've imported several .ov2 POI files into my MyDrive account but they don't appear to sync with my TomTom GO Mobile iOS app.

I have added a favourite to my MyDrive and it does sync to my TomTom GO Mobile iOS app.

I have to say that after waiting 2 years for MyDrive to finally get added to TomTom GO Mobile iOS and then finding that .ov2 files cannot be sync'd to my app is extremely frustrating and annoying!

Could others please test to see whether it is me or the app that's wrong?

Regards,
Robert.

Comments

• [Gelöschter Benutzer][Gelöschter Benutzer] Posts: 5,321 [Revered Navigator]
    [h3]What’s New in v1.10[/h3]
    • MyDrive: Sync your favourite places so they are accessible across all of your TomTom navigation devices.
    https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/tomtom-go-mobile-and-navigation-for-iphone-ipad-29/new-go-mobile-for-iphone-v1-10-available-for-download-1033516/index1.html#post1212172
  • PrivateerUKPrivateerUK Posts: 326 [Supreme Pioneer]
    EthoZ wrote:
    [h3]What’s New in v1.10[/h3]
    • MyDrive: Sync your favourite places so they are accessible across all of your TomTom navigation devices.

Hi EthoZ,

Thanks for pointing out that MyDrive only syncs favourite places and not POIs. Unfortunately I presumed that because TomTom had taken 2 years (and 5 months since the last version release) that MyDrive would have been fully implemented but of course this is TomTom and they seem to take great delight in raising the hopes of their customers and then failing to produce.

My own custom POIs (for family, friends, holidays, customers, businesses, etc) are my favourite places but it's easier and better (see below) to keep them as POIs.

I think everybody (especially those in TomTom) need to read the following that I found on TomTom's website, so it must be correct!

Advantages of POIs over Favourites
    https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6871/~/advantages-of-pois-over-favourites

Favourites are places that you go to often. You can create Favourites so that you don’t have to enter the address every time you want to navigate there. They don’t have to be places you like, just useful addresses.

Points of Interest or POIs are interesting places on the map. Some examples could be restaurants, hotels, museums, parking garages or petrol stations.
    • You can split your locations into different POI categories (e.g. ‘private’ and ‘business’).
    • Your POIs are not lost when you reset factory settings .
    • You can easily transfer your POIs from one map to another when you purchase a new release of your map in the future.
    Regards,
  • CARLOLITOSCARLOLITOS Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Qué desastre, no puede agregarlo, es una mentira que puede importar archivos y administrarlos.
  • PrivateerUKPrivateerUK Posts: 326 [Supreme Pioneer]
    CARLOLITOS wrote: »
    Qué desastre, no puede agregarlo, es una mentira que puede importar archivos y administrarlos.
    Applogies I don't speak Spanish, but fortunately Google Translate does:
    CARLOLITOS wrote: »
    What a disaster, you can not add it, it's a lie that you can import files and manage them.
    One year later and we are STILL unable to sync POI files from MyDrive to TomTom GO Mobile iOS! Why is this the case?

TomTom GO Mobile iOS was released over 3 years ago and should be fully functional now, again, why is it so basic and have less functionality than its predecessor?