Auto Shutdown disappeared from device | GO LIVE 1000 — TomTom Community

Auto Shutdown disappeared from device | GO LIVE 1000

Hello,

My device (GO 1000 Live) suddenly dissappeared "Autoshut" function.
That is very annoying, that has worked nicely so many years.

Same problem has appeared before on some user, below link to that.

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/go-800-1000-2000-series-via-series-start-20-and-60-series-mydrive-connect-19/auto-shutdown-253285

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,059
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Mainary
    Have you tried a Drum roll restart on the device ????

Note… Some early Tomtom models have a reset button for more Info see.....
    https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6965//session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDI2NjM0NDUyL3NpZC9EQTdTVHpobQ

Charge the device for at least 2Hrs "OR" have the device plugged into a power supply
    Press and hold the on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound then release the on/off button.
    You won’t lose anything; it’s just like re-booting your PC
    I use a Soft/drum-roll start after any upgrade large or small.
    It’s also useful to keep in mind for sorting out most minor niggles......

ATB YFM
  • MainaryMainary Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    I forgot to say, i have reseted with "drumroll" and even factory settings reset on menu. I dont think there is reset button in this device (simcard is under the sticker on bottom). Problem is very similar than user who describe same behavior on link i posted earlier. If i disconnect power it dims a bit and battery indicator appears bottom left corner and shows battery status.
  • PeteNZPeteNZ Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    Hi,

I'm havng the same problem with my ViaLive 125. The unit has the lastest updates, I carried out a reset. The unit has worked perfect for years, still starts when ignition comes on but instead of shutting down when the power goes off the screen dims and the battery symbol comes up. In settings the box is unticked for stay on when power disconnected.

Ive done everything it simply doesnt work anymore, have to turn it off manually.

Did you ever resolve your problem?
    Superusers
    Hi
    @PeteNZ

I would Charge the device for at least 2 to 3 Hours preferably with a Mains USB Charger Adapter, even better if the Via 125 Live is turned off during the process

Maybe ???... Do NOT attach them to a dashboard USB port in your vehicle as they normally only supply 500mAmp (0.5Amp) and are for data transfer and not supplying power

Use the supplied Tomtom power adapter an USB cable

ATB YFM
  • PeteNZPeteNZ Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    Hi YamFazMan,

I'll give that a go. My Via is hard wired into the car using a proper power adapter.

Will try out your suggestion and see what happens. Will let you know.

Cheers
    Superusers
    Hi
    @PeteNZ

I used to use a Hard wired Kit from a reputable retailer, I found it was very borderline for power and electrically quite noisy, you could hear the RF interference on some radio stations

ATB YFM
    Still, no solution to this, it maybe tomtom tactics to renew old devices. If so i won't buy another thing from Tomtom anymore. So annoying that so nice option died away with some upgrade. Perkele i say. I have tried with 3 different chargers and even battery is replaced 2 times. Factory reset has been comitted 2 times, setting has switched on / off, even auto start function has disabled hoping that setting has went upside down with developer.
    PeteNZ wrote:
    Hi,

I'm havng the same problem with my ViaLive 125. The unit has the lastest updates, I carried out a reset. The unit has worked perfect for years, still starts when ignition comes on but instead of shutting down when the power goes off the screen dims and the battery symbol comes up. In settings the box is unticked for stay on when power disconnected.

Ive done everything it simply doesnt work anymore, have to turn it off manually.

Did you ever resolve your problem?

No, i have not. I have consider to change another brand or device. But if this some sick horseplay to amnestic option with tomtom, next device is other brand
  • carolloooocarolloooo Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I have two devices and a problem for both. tomtom forgot about us
  • 5150user5150user Posts: 40 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    Take a look in settings

Battery saving Option

next

and see if you have the option “ Device stays on when external power is lost” And is it ticked
    5150user wrote:
    Take a look in settings

Battery saving Option

next

and see if you have the option “ Device stays on when external power is lost” And is it ticked
    i have already turn that rock, not working. That setting has no effect what so ever.