Altimeter Re-calibration — TomTom Community

Altimeter Re-calibration

RemeJRemeJ Posts: 10 [Master Explorer]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Adventurer
Hi there,

I have tried everything I have access too, restarts, resets and google, but no joy.

The altimeter on my device is borked, the altitude readings I am getting are 2-3X what they are meant to be and on steep climbs I am seeing my gradient being reported in the 100's of percentages, the day I successfully run up a hill with a 360% gradient, I think we would have to rewrite the laws of physics or something, I am not sure I want to know what that hill looks like...

It is most obvious to me on trails I am familiar with, like that 260% above, being impossible aside, the hill I was on is max 28%, I was getting it on this route, https://mysports.tomtom.com/app/activity/226208086/ although not this specific activity, however this one is reporting an 841m elevation gain, 450m is 2 climbs above where I turned around.

Is this one of those scenarios where I can fix it with some TomTom flavored black magic, or is this a return it an get a new one situation, device is now about 54/55 weeks old

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,516
    Superusers
    Have you cleaned out the port on the side of the watch? Looking at the back of the watch on the bottom left there is a slot with two holes in it which is how the watch gets the reading (it is barometric) over time it can get clogged with sweat, dirt, etc. which will totally throw it off. Try getting a pin or swab or compressed air and clearing them out. If that does not help and you are still under warranty call Support and ask them to swap out the unit. To get the number for Customer Support, select Contact Us at the bottom of this page, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.