Swimming metrics missing on MySport web site

PatientX
PatientX Registered Users Posts: 16
Legendary Explorer
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
hi!
I have read topic created aprox. 1 year ago by southward called "MySports website doesn`t display swimming metrics".
The last update on this topic was from Anna_Karyakina (I assume TT employee) and it was this:

Hi everyone,
Thank you for taking your time to analyse and report this gap in our data. We should definitely bring the missing Swim metrics back to the Sports apps. We have taken the change on our backlog, will be working on it shortly.

But the 1 year has passed and I still can`t see any other metrics for swim mode on the web page.
Or TT just promised to add these but they finally let it be as it is ?
It`s really shame, that company like this can`t just add the display of some metrics (which are actually stored in the watches memory) on the web page, no matter how many people uses swim mode - it`s there as the option so it should be considered as all others modes.
It`s not even programming of some new algorithm or modification of the one so it must be very easy for them.

Also all other modes could have display much more specific informations about the activities :(

I know that company closed down this part of their business already, but they still need to provide the support and the enhancements for the unsatisfied clients, which spent not little money for the watches. Or am I wrong ?

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,935
    Superuser
    Unfortunately, you are wrong. They are under no obligation to do anything for their clients, unsatisfied or not (particularly around enhancements, they are required to continue support but they do not have to enhance anything). Our only option is to act with our wallets and buy elsewhere if we do not like it. However, since TT has already left the market, they don't really need us as watch customers so there is no incentive for them to do anything. As it is, swimming is the least used function on the device so the cost/reward ratio is small, as it will impact a very limited number of users. In light of their leaving the market and laying off the staff I would not expect any changes now. The watch is what it is and I would not expect much beyond bug fixes from this point onward.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • PatientX
    PatientX Registered Users Posts: 16
    Legendary Explorer
    I take your answer just as they just promised adding new metrics for swim mode on web site but in fact, they didn`t do anything.
    I have probably expressed myself wrongly - I didn`t mean, they MUST do this and this. I am not blaming them from anything.
    I just wanted to say, that from company like TomTom, I would expect they will keep their word and if they promise to correct/add something, I would except they will do so.
    All these watches types are not cheap matter.
    There are very little metrics overall but besides it, I like the watches ;-)
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,935
    Superuser
    I don't think it is a matter of keeping their word, their intentions were good but business reality trumps good intentions. I am sure they hoped to do it before they realized they were losing money and left the industry. They closed the Sports Division and laid off all the staff so there is little hope for now. This is why they stopped posting a roadmap as they knew that promises can be hard to keep. I too am disappointed but I can't say I blame them. Since they are considered budget watches (as compared to the higher end Garmins), it is a little more bearable (I would hate to spend $700 on a watch and have this happen).
This discussion has been closed.