Accessing an incomplete activity data file from TT Runner — TomTom Community

Accessing an incomplete activity data file from TT Runner

bertiekbertiek Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
edited January 2019 in Runner & Multi-Sport
A few times now my tomtom runner has ran out of charge mid activity, 'not saving' the activity data such that nothing uploads to mySports and there isn't a summary. This most recently happened because the battery got too cold to opperate.
Surely the watch was writing to its harddrive throughout the activity and the only reason it isn't recognised is because the watch didn't manage to complete the .gpx file in time. Has anybody found a way to access this data?
Cheers

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,526
    Superusers
    There is no way to access the data, it is not incrementally saving it during the activity, it runs all the processing at the end of the activity as part of the save routine. There is nothing that can be done to restore the activity. I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • bertiekbertiek Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    @tfarabaugh The data must be stored throughout in some format though surely? I understand the watch doesn't write to a gpx file while the activity is occuring, but it must store the longitude and latitude values every second somewhere, in order to create the gpx file at the end. I agree I can't access a partly made gpx file, but I was wondering if I could get at the raw data file. (assuming this was the last activity and it hasn't yet been overwritten). Thanks for answering, have you any more ideas?
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,526
    Superusers
    bertiek wrote:
    @tfarabaugh The data must be stored throughout in some format though surely? I understand the watch doesn't write to a gpx file while the activity is occuring, but it must store the longitude and latitude values every second somewhere, in order to create the gpx file at the end. I agree I can't access a partly made gpx file, but I was wondering if I could get at the raw data file. (assuming this was the last activity and it hasn't yet been overwritten). Thanks for answering, have you any more ideas?
    Even if it did somehow save it somewhere in flash memory on the watch it likely flushes it when it crashes (and when it compiles to a ttbin file). The watch does not create a gpx file, it compiles into a binary file that is then processed by the TT servers when you sync and a gpx, tcx, etc., is created. Nothing is done on the watch side. And again, even if it was, there is no way to access it.