Rejecting known mobile speed camera locations Melbourne Australia — TomTom Community

Rejecting known mobile speed camera locations Melbourne Australia

MrC2018MrC2018 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Speed Cameras
I added a known speed camera location on a road that I frequently drive on mapshare only to have it rejected. The speed camera operates randomly between two roads more or less in the same position so I cannot give specific cooridnates but it is there at least 2 -3 times per month.

What is really the value of mapshare when local knowledge of such matters is ignored by some face-less TOMTOM beaucrat who does not think it warrants it being included or does TOMTOM have a comfortable relationship with local police authorities?

The lack of explanation or clear reasoning why something that is legitimate is rejected is not acceptable given the fact that by purchasing your products and services we are supporting your company.

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,459
    Superusers
    Hi
    @MrC2018
    Tomtom Speed cam warnings seem to be based on the theory people will get very annoyed if you are warned of a of a Speed Cam and and when you arrive there isn't a camera there (False positive)
    But I feel it relies to much on Tomtom users reporting the Mobile Cameras
    If you have Speed camera Hot spots turned on in the setting you do get warning at regular Mobile Camera sites

I prefer the Speed Cam systems that warn me for every Speed Cam Location whether its a false positive or a live location

The later/Latest devices have less customizing features than the previous ranges....

But for general improvement for a NAV4/5(Wifi) device over the default settings

Use a Computer voice...
    Also....
    From the main screen... Tap (.... Menu) -> Setting -> Sounds & Warnings...
    Set... 'Warning Type' to... Read Allowed...
    (Important... Needs a Computer Voice set in the Voices menu)
    Speed Cameras & Hazards... Set to ON
    The next 10 Setting ALL set to Always
    The next 4 Settings ALL set to ON
    The device will now say....
    'Fixed Camera'
    'Mobile Hot Spot'
    'Red Light Camera'
    Announce Spoken Traffic delays

ATB YFM