Not connecting to MoTo Gs5 Plus — TomTom Community

Not connecting to MoTo Gs5 Plus

federiconeirafedericoneira Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
I used my bandit camera with an iPhone 4 and just recently switched to a Moto Gs5Plus, and I'm pretty disappointed, because I cannot connect the camera and the phone. I've checked and the software is up to date both on the phone and on the camera, I resented the wifi, and still it doesn't connect. When I open the app on the phone, it does see the camera, but then it keeps rolling saying it is connecting and it runs out of time.
Please, help out, I was super excited to use my new phone!

Comments

• lampardlampard Posts: 4,193 TomTom Moderator
    Hi federiconeira,

Welcome to the Community & Sorry for the delay in response!

I would advise you to make a reset (RESET ALL) on your Bandit camera by following the steps here in public FAQ: How do I reset my Bandit GPS Action Camera?

Once you make a reset, Please follow the link here to troubleshoot the connection between the camera and the App on the MoToGs5Plus phone: Troubleshooting the connection between your watch and your Android device

Cheers,
    lampard
  • federiconeirafedericoneira Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi lampard,

I tried it but still got no connection. The app sees the camera but when I click on connecting the icon just keeps on rolling.
    I actually did two (reset all), but it didn't work out.
    Do you think it might be an issue with the app? Something about some sort of update it requires?
    It is a bummer because I was looking forward to use this phone`s bigger screen.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,193 TomTom Moderator
    Hi federiconeira,

Is your Bandit camera has the latest software version 1.61.508 installed on it?

If you already have the latest software installed and reset didn't help, please get in touch with our customer support and they'll be able to help you further. You can click on 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of this page to Phone/Email them.

Cheers, lampard
  • six3sevensix3seven Posts: 8 [Apprentice Traveler]
    averhees wrote: »
    For me it helped turning off the mobile data connection, so the app will only search for the Bandit via Wifi.

THIS!!! Thank you so much!

This is the solution to why this camera has been an expensive paperweight for the last two years.