sgaschsgasch Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Adventurer
It would be great feature to use the Adventurer watch with Power Sensor

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,526
    Superusers
    sgasch wrote:
    It would be great feature to use the Adventurer watch with Power Sensor
    Do you mean a power meter for cycling? If so, TT has been pretty clear in the past that this was not being added as the market they were going after, the more casual weekend athlete, would have little use for it. And considering TT has left the wearables market and is not producing any new devices (and never even released the Adventurer in the US), I would assume at this point any updates will be limited to bug fixes (and even that may be limited - it has been over six months since the last update broke connectivity for many users and introduced battery drain issues and that is still unresolved). I would not expect much more development and certainly not something major particularly on the watch side (they may continue to tweak the MySports site and app, but not the watches themselves).

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • KV1KV1 Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    [tfarabaugh - i know you spend lots of times answering for TomTom, but how about we let them answer?]
    It's pretty ridiculous that they don't support devices like power meter. I mean "Snow Boarding" module, but no power meter? yes, yes "Tom Tom isn't interested in serious athletes," but.. really?
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,526
    Superusers
    KV1 wrote:
    [tfarabaugh - i know you spend lots of times answering for TomTom, but how about we let them answer?]
    It's pretty ridiculous that they don't support devices like power meter. I mean "Snow Boarding" module, but no power meter? yes, yes "Tom Tom isn't interested in serious athletes," but.. really?
    First of, they won't answer, this is a user forum. TomTom will not comment on planned or future updates publicly (here or elsewhere). Second, snow boarding is a sports mode leveraging the existing sensors, not a peripheral and supporting power meters is actually quite involved as there are whole new data streams to contend with (wattage, etc.). Finally and most importantly, see my comment above (repeated here for emphasis): Considering TT has left the wearables market and is not producing any new devices (and has now recalled all inventory from the US and is not even selling any devices in their largest market), we can safely assume at this point any updates will be limited to bug fixes (and even that may be limited - it has been over nine months since the last update broke connectivity for many users and introduced battery drain issues and that is still unresolved). I would not expect much more development and certainly not something major particularly on the watch side (they may continue to tweak the MySports site and app, but not the watches themselves).

If you want a watch that supports power meters then buy one that advertises as such and pay the extra dollars for it, don't expect a company to add a feature for free that is going to cost them money to implement. This would quickly put them out of business (oh yeah, that is right, they are already out of business so it is a moot point). They are not going to throw money at any development on watches they are no longer making. The TomTom devices were budget running devices at heart with a few sports modes added on and are effectively dead. They are what they are at this point.