Keybord not working on the XL — TomTom Community

Keybord not working on the XL

dal'sdal's Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
keyboard not working correctly. when i type in a letter it shows up as the next letter.

Comments

• NiallNiall Posts: 10,814
    Superuser
    [user=541097]dal's[/user]

Are you sure there is nothing on the screen that could be causing these ghost finger presses, like a screen protector, or even flecks of dust under the screen bezel?

If the former remove the screen protector, if the latter try running something like a business card around the screen just under the bezel to remove any crud.

Otherwise try a soft reset.

A soft reset:- with your device charged for at least 2Hrs "OR" have the device plugged into a power supply; press and hold your on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound (or the TomTom hands symbol appears) then release the on/off button.
  • dal'sdal's Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks for reply. No screen protector. Unit is ultra clean but did do the Business card. Also tried the "Soft Reset" with no change. Hit the "H" key and it types "G". Only seems to be the last three keys on each line of keys on the right side of the keyboard.
  • dal'sdal's Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Any other suggestions ? I would think a TomTom Engineer would have a suggestion and know how to fix this problem. I'm sure this is not the first and only time this has happened. Unless this unit I purchased new, was defective when it was sold.
  • miketorcymiketorcy Posts: 3,371
    Superusers
    Try to clean beetween the screen and the body with a credit card.