Can't Select Country to Navigate too | go Live 1005

mikewren33
mikewren33 Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Traveler
I have had my Tom Tom go Live 1005 for a few years with no problems. I have always paid for the Live service and have the European map installed.

I want to navigate to addresses in France, I normally press the Union Jack on the top right hand side, change to France, then select postcode etc and go from there.

This week when I press the icon nothing happens at all! The area is working as if i touch this part of the screen when in navigation mode it changes.

The maps are working if I select a favourite, then everything is ok, but I want to go to new addresses?

I have gone into the settings and done a factory reset, partial and full, but still the same.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• dhn
    dhn Posts: 33,382
     Superuser
    If you Search-->Whole world and then proceed to type an address in France?
  • mikewren33
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thank you dhn

Unfortunately I don't get that option. I select navigate to --> Address-->Then I just get the option to type City/Code: .

The union Jack is to the right of this, this is where I used to touch and select the country, but nothing at all happens when I press here so it will only search in the UK.

Unless the whole world search is elsewhere?
  • dhn
     Superuser
    You are **sure** you have the Europe map installed? If you go to Settings-->Maps, what is shown there?

Try a drum reset on the unit by holding the power button about 20 seconds till you hear the drum sounds.

Support:

:flag_gb: United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
  • mikewren33
    Apprentice Traveler
    If I go to switch map I have 'Select your map' the only option is Europe, also when connected to MyDrive Connect My Content show active map Europe.

I have tried 'drum reset' again no luck!

Thank you for trying
  • dhn
     Superuser
    Make the call then.......