New Runner 3 stopped tracking run after 2km.

NZSusanCC
NZSusanCC Registered Users Posts: 10
Legendary Explorer
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Hi
I bought my new Runner 3 watch two days ago. I used it yesterday and it worked perfectly well on my run but when I used it today (on a hard run that I wanted to analyse!) I found that the GPS had stopped tracking my run at 2.04km. VERY frustrating. Have other users found the Runner 3 to be unreliable in this regard? I have had a Tom Tom running watch for several years but it broke on the weekend and I needed to get a new one. I run competitively and tracks all my efforts so if it's not going to be reliable I will need to take it back to the shop.
Susan

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
     Superuser
    I would take care with your buying decision considering TT has left the wearables market and is not producing any new devices (and never even released the Adventurer in the US), I would assume at this point any updates will be limited to bug fixes. I would not expect much more development so what you get in the box will likely be all there is. There are also major connectivity and battery drain issues that have not been resolved in over five months. This may be a one time issue that does not repeat or may be fixable with a factory reset but buying a watch from a company that has already left he market is risky.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • NZSusanCC
    NZSusanCC Registered Users Posts: 10
    Legendary Explorer
    Hi tfarabaugh
    Thanks for the feedback.
    I am very disappointed to read that Tom Tom is no longer producing sports watches. I had my previous watch for several years and it was great apart from issues of wear with the navigator button.
    In New Zealand there seem to be new models being released so I wonder if it's just the US that no longer get the new products.
    Thanks again.
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
     Superuser
    NZSusanCC wrote:
    Hi tfarabaugh
    Thanks for the feedback.
    I am very disappointed to read that Tom Tom is no longer producing sports watches. I had my previous watch for several years and it was great apart from issues of wear with the navigator button.
    In New Zealand there seem to be new models being released so I wonder if it's just the US that no longer get the new products.
    Thanks again.
    They closed the entire Sports Division, you may be seeing a rollout of older models that were never released in NZ.