Getting MyDrive Connect update?

Jan.S.
Jan.S. Registered Users Posts: 4
Neophyte Traveler
edited January 2019 in MyDrive Connect
My version of MyDrive Connect tells me there is an update to download, but when i click the green button it opens a window of My Documents on my computer, NOT getting online and downloading any update, and I have checked My documents, there is nothing there that could be any sort of update for MyDrive Connect. My Start 25 with BQ as initial model is working, but what is going on at Tomtom? Are you close to a complete shutdown of the business, there seems to be turmoil in the management and riots among the customers. Is it time to look elsewhere for a sound GPS provider?

Comments

• Jan.S.
    Neophyte Traveler
    Add: My version of MyDrive Connect is 4.2.0.3377
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,787
    Superuser
    Hi
    Download and install the free version of Revo Uninstaller....
    https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

Run Revo Uninstaller
    Revo will....
    (1)... Create a Recovery point
    (2)... Uninstall MyDrive Connect
    (3)... Scan your PC for any redundant 'MyDrive Connect' files left behind by the Standard Program uninstaller

Reinstall MyDrive Connect... Get it Here
    Download MDC SA directly from
    https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/getstarted/p/4283

ATB YFM
  • fredarmoni
    fredarmoni Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    Jan.S. wrote:
    My version of MyDrive Connect tells me there is an update to download, but when i click the green button it opens a window of My Documents on my computer, NOT getting online and downloading any update, and I have checked My documents, there is nothing there that could be any sort of update for MyDrive Connect. My Start 25 with BQ as initial model is working, but what is going on at Tomtom? Are you close to a complete shutdown of the business, there seems to be turmoil in the management and riots among the customers. Is it time to look elsewhere for a sound GPS provider?
    Hi Jan,
    i have the same problem. did you get an answer ?

Regards,
    Fred
  • Jan.S.
    Neophyte Traveler
    Yes Fred, I followed the advice above and it is working, but my trust in Tomtom took a dive and now I will check the forum before every "update".
  • Jan.S.
    Neophyte Traveler
    But I note that people are having new problems (my original problem was 3 months old) and it seems that later "updates" are bad as well. I hope you can solve yours.