Fitness Age going up and VO2 Max going down?!

rowdymeffer
rowdymeffer Registered Users Posts: 1
New Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
I workout like a crazy person and my endurance is improving daily. Why would my fitness age increase and vo2 decrease?

I swim, sprint/walk intervals, walk a ton, and lift 3-4 days a week. I know I could wrestle a cougar in a phone booth this week better than last week. What's going on ThomasThomasson?!

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,935
    Superuser
    Only running and cycling activities in which you steadily hit Zone 3 or better will contribute to the VO2Max and Fitness Age, so the swimming, walking, lifting, etc. are doing nothing. In fact, they are lowering it because it thinks you are not doing anything to improve your VO2Max. This is simply the way it is designed as those two activities are the only ones with VO2Max data tables with which they can figure out the number.

I honestly don't feel you can make any judgments from what it is telling you in terms of fitness points or fitness age. It only uses runs or cycles to calculate points and while it does refine its readings over time but it seems to be a random, capricious measure that ties to very little. It is based on whatever algorithm TT came up with, which is different than what Garmin uses or Strava uses, or anyone else. Ultimately I don't expect a watch to be able to tell me how fit I am.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.