Exchange offer for old rider 400? — TomTom Community

Exchange offer for old rider 400?

SJEgSJEg Posts: 140 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
edited December 2018 in RIDER
Well, I was afraid this would happen one day (duh), and it did.....the release of a bigger and better rider. As far as I can tell it is manly a hardware revamp and not much more. But I do question if the old 400 will ever get a decent update again. I do not think so.

Any how, what can we expect from the rider 550 compared to the old 400? I see they added a bucket load of nonsense, like google now, siri, voice command, read messages etc etc. But starting a GPX track from any manually picked point is still not possible.

Is there any change of getting a discount on the 550 for the exchange of my "old" 400? Probably going to buy one anyway.

Comments

• Ste7iosSte7ios Posts: 725 Superuser
    It would be great for all of us that left on the cold but I don’t see that coming as a TT good will...

They also have to prove that the new model doesn’t have all of the childhood illness of the previews 4xx models.

Probably a hardware redesign would solve some of the problems (Bluetooth, response, freezes) but I’m not sure about the other like condensation, and rain sensitivity. We’ve to wait and see the reviews of new (brave) customers...

New features are always welcome as long they’ve fixed all of the important problems.
  • ChorsleyChorsley Posts: 11 [Outstanding Explorer]
    I hope they do offer a upgrade program but i still think some of the issues will persist like small text that you cant read, but i hope they have updated the Bluetooth and the device speed

I have submitted the question to support if you don't ask you will not get!