The "live pace" is totally inaccurate.

asustv
asustv Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Hi!

I'm quite happy with my TomTom Spark 3 + cardio, less for 2 concrete problems:

One of the top reasons I purchased this watch was because of the battery life.

With version 1.7.62 it is much less than half of what is stipulated in the specifications. It is a new watch. Baterry life is near 4 hours in running with cardio mode.

The "live pace" is totally inaccurate!! amazing. the information of pace / km that shows while you run, is superior at all times to the information indicated by the partials if you activate them, each kilometer for example.

This are solved on new firmware? we have any date for fix these issues?

This works right with factory reset to 1.3?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
     Superuser
    A simple search of the forums will tell you that live pace issues have existed since the beginning of these watches and has never been resolved. They build in too much lag to get a smoother reading, which gives up responsiveness and it is not a great algorithm all around. This will never be fixed since TT has left the wearables market and laid off the Sports staff so all I would expect form now on are bug fixes, if that. The battery issues may be caused by a firmware issue (you can go to the link below and request a roll back), but life will depend on how you are using it as well. Battery life is rated for around 5 hours for GPS/HR/Music, 9 for GPS/HR, 11 for GPS only, 2 weeks for watch only (that includes pause time as the sensors are still on - so if during a 2 hour activity you had 30 minutes of pause it was 2:30 of battery life, not just the 2 hours it was recording for). Those of course are estimates and best case scenario and are impacted by usage (using backlight, switching screens, etc.) and environmental conditions (overcast skies, tree cover, tall buildings, etc.). If you have night mode, music, trails or the backlight on that is going to impact it greatly. Bear in mind that the battery gauge is a rough estimate at best and I have gone many hours when it indicates that it was almost empty.

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/spark-and-spark-3-runner-2-and-runner-3-473/unable-to-pair-sync-after-update-to-firmware-v1-7-53-runner-and-spark-watch-series-1030088

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.