Having to recharge every day and only lasts no more than an hour using GPS?

GizzyDW
GizzyDW Registered Users Posts: 6
Master Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
I'm wondering if anyone else is having this problem. My Spark +music has to be charged daily with normal use. It requires multiple charges if I use the GPS. Also if I use the GPS it only lasts between half an hour to an hour. And then is flat. I've tried going back to the factory reset but with no joy.

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
     Superuser
    If you search the forums you will find this is a known issue for many users with the recent updates. They are reportedly working on a fix, but no timeline has been communicated (it has been over three months so I would not hold my breath). In the meanwhile you always have the option of syncing via computer. If you go to this post and ask the moderator to roll back your firmware version it should fix it, although you will lose the Fitness Points and Fit age features. They may also be able to put you on the beta 1.7.64 version.

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/spark-and-spark-3-runner-2-and-runner-3-473/unable-to-pair-sync-after-update-to-firmware-v1-7-53-runner-and-spark-watch-series-1030088

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • GizzyDW
    Master Traveler
    Thanks for the answer. I do sync it through a computer as it won't sync via Bluetooth anyway. I tried a factory reset but no luck. How do I get a downgrade to previous version or the 1.7.64 version?
  • tfarabaugh
     Superuser
    GizzyDW wrote:
    Thanks for the answer. I do sync it through a computer as it won't sync via Bluetooth anyway. I tried a factory reset but no luck. How do I get a downgrade to previous version or the 1.7.64 version?
    Follow the instructions I just gave you...
  • GizzyDW
    Master Traveler
    I've been upgraded to 1.7.64 but it's still crap. I can take it off when apparently fully charged but within a matter of seconds it's down to half charge. And now only lasts about half an hour. I thought about buying another one but I think I'll look at a Garmon or Samsung or Fitbit. This device is just frustrating the crap out of me.....
  • tfarabaugh
     Superuser
    GizzyDW wrote:
    I've been upgraded to 1.7.64 but it's still crap. I can take it off when apparently fully charged but within a matter of seconds it's down to half charge. And now only lasts about half an hour. I thought about buying another one but I think I'll look at a Garmon or Samsung or Fitbit. This device is just frustrating the crap out of me.....
    1.7.64 only resolved the connectivity issues, not the battery issues, it seems. You need to go back to 1.3.255 to get the last good build without battery issues.