Connection Problems.... GO 520 WiFi — TomTom Community

Connection Problems.... GO 520 WiFi

Peter CPeter C Posts: 21 [Apprentice Traveler]
Recently updated my phone (Samsung S8), and Reinstalled TomTom Mydrive App.

I'm not sure if it's a setting on the phone or the App itself But I do get connection problems sometimes, having to reinstall the app a few times to refresh the settings for Traffic updates on my phone before travels.

And using the Bluetooth function I occasionally get X near the two car Icon ( traffic sharing).......disabled occasionally too.

Rgds

Peter

Comments

• mouh60mouh60 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Welcome to the club. I recently purchased a 520. Initially it worked fine. Now, it doesn't connect, restarts itself at will and won't connect via bluetooth. It's packed and will be sent back on Monday. I contacted the help people, followed their instructions and, it worked for a day. Now its back to restarting itself. I switched from Garmin because their mobile app is horrendous and Tomtoms is more pleasant but, at this rate I'll deal with Garmin.
  • nwxan90nwxan90 Posts: 14 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    If you try to remove the phone from the device if you re-add it does it say that this device is not supported?

If so you can apply the below fix.

To get the phone to reconnect to the sat nav you have to wipe the cache partition on the S8.

Details below:
    1. Turn off the device.
    2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
    3. When the Android logo displays, release all keys ('Installing system update' will show for about 30 - 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
    4. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight “wipe cache partition.”
    5. Press the Power key to select.
    6. Press the Volume down key to highlight “yes” and press the Power key to select.
    7. When the wipe cache partition is complete, “Reboot system now” is highlighted.
    8. Press the Power key to restart the device.
    Something must go wrong between the update to Android 0. The phone now connects I will take it out later and double check the traffic works.

Let me know how you get on.