Syncing step counts with android phone app

Blindcloud
Blindcloud Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Seeker
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
I just synced my Spark 3 with the TomTom sports app, but it's only picking up steps from the moment I paired it. It's not picking up step data from this week or previous weeks.

Is there a way to sync the step data from the watch with the phone app or is this working intended?

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,936
    Superuser
    Was the activity tracker on the whole time? It should have synced whatever data was on the watch when it paired but it is not a great system so I would not be surprised if it did not frankly. It also only remembers activity data for a limited period of time. If it has successfully synced then the data is cleared from the watch so there is no way to go back and retrieve it.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Blindcloud
    Blindcloud Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Seeker
    I've been using the watch, but hadn't synced it to my phone/app for many months. When I did sync it it only started tracking data on the app from that moment in time. I'd already done 15k steps that day and 100k for the week,. While this is still viewable on the watch, the phone app says I've done zero steps the first 5 days of the week. Tried syncing it a couple more times and made no difference.
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,936
    Superuser
    Blindcloud wrote:
    I've been using the watch, but hadn't synced it to my phone/app for many months. When I did sync it it only started tracking data on the app from that moment in time. I'd already done 15k steps that day and 100k for the week,. While this is still viewable on the watch, the phone app says I've done zero steps the first 5 days of the week. Tried syncing it a couple more times and made no difference.
    I am not sure why it did that but there is nothing you can do to restore them. They are simply lost unfortunately. I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.