TomTom Runner 2 not Syncing runs

Kurt G M
Kurt G M Registered Users Posts: 1
New Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
My Runner 2, which has the latest version of the software records my runs but when I sync with the app/website the run is not recorded on the app or website. That has happen 4 times in the last 3 months and more recently twice in 3 days.

Comments

• wallyscott
    wallyscott Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    I have the Adventurer. I mostly use the Tomtom chest HRM (sZ999) with it because I found that the integral wrist monitor is not accurate and responsive enough for any sort of interval work.

I also have had syncing problems since the last app and firmware update. Frequently - about 1 in 5 attempts - the Adventurer and iPhone App will not sync. The watch says it is connected but nothing happens. The only solution is to forget the TT device on the smartphone and re-pair.

From time to time - about 1 in 10 sessions - I also have problems with the chest HRM connecting to the Adventurer. Not yet found the cause or the solution. Very frustrating.
  • Markoh
    Markoh Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Seeker
    Runner 3 (1.7.64) has stopped syncing runs to TT sports app on iPhone 6s+ (latest OS). In another thread (now closed) there was reference to this being common problem and a fix coming, but that was 6 months ago. Have re-paired BT connection. Don't want to roll back firmware.
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,935
    Superuser
    Markoh wrote:
    Runner 3 (1.7.64) has stopped syncing runs to TT sports app on iPhone 6s+ (latest OS). In another thread (now closed) there was reference to this being common problem and a fix coming, but that was 6 months ago. Have re-paired BT connection. Don't want to roll back firmware.
    Uninstall and reinstall the app while you factory reset your watch is your best option. Other than that a roll back is your only option. There is likely no fix coming. TT left the wearables market last year, laid off their Sports division and stopped all development.
  • Markoh
    Markoh Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thanks, didn't know that. Pity. At least there seems to be the occasional firmware and app update since then. Got a good response from Support via chat then email as below, which I've followed, to test with a run tonight .....

"I am César from TomTom Fitness Support. Thank you for reaching out to us concerning the Blue Tooth pairing of your TomTom Runner 3 watch and your iPhone.

To try and resolve the issue please follow these instructions:

First install the software TomTom Sports Connect on your computer. Here is the direct link to install it:
    https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/sportswatch_select/locale/en_GB/

Select your type of watch and then Mac or Windows. Please download the software before launching the installation.

- Connect your watch to your computer when asked, follow the steps on the screen and wait until TomTom Sports Connect finishes updating your watch.
    - Click SETTINGS (the cog wheel) in TomTom Sports Connect.
    - Click on the Reset button and follow the instructions on the screen.
    - When asked, use your login and password to synchronize your watch to your account.

Note that you will not loose any activities by doing that, as they'll be uploaded to your account before you do the reset. You'll only have to enter your personal information in the watch again.

And finally please do a power rest on the watch:
    - Connect your watch to your computer and wait until TomTom Sports Connect finishes updating your watch.
    - Click SETTINGS (the cog wheel) in TomTom Sports Connect.
    - Hold the Ctrl (Windows) or cmd (macOS) key while running the mouse over Reset. Reset turns into Turn off.
    - Click Turn off.
    - Disconnect your watch from the computer. Your watch switches off.
    - To wake up your watch again, re-connect it to your computer or press and hold the button in any direction.

If you have ever paired the watch to any other smartphones or tablets please follow these steps:
    -Turn on the phone / tablet which you no longer wish to use and start the Sports App
    -Tap the Menu icon > Devices > Pair New Device. Stop at this point. Close the App.
    -Go to the Settings > Bluetooth menu in the phone / tablet menus and Unpair the watch. Remove all entries for this specific watch if there is more than one.
    (NB- Repeat the steps above on any and all smartphones or tablets which you have attempted to pair to which might still come within range of the watch, even if those attempts were unsuccessful)

Clean Pairing Process - please follow these steps on your primary smartphone or tablet:
    -Dock the watch to your computer and accept any Software updates offered by TomTom Sports Connect.
    -Uninstall the TomTom SportsApp from your phone.
    -Go to Bluetooth settings in your phone menus and forget/unpair the watch - This is an essential step
    -Reset the network settings on your iPhone (ONLY for iPhones)
    -Turn your phone off and on
    -Install the TomTom Sports app in the normal way
    -Ensure the TomTom Sports app has good Internet access
    -Ensure that the Location Services option within the phone is enabled and the TomTom Sports app has access to it.
    -Start the app and begin the pairing process on the app. (It must be started on the app first)
    -Undock the watch from the computer and initiate the Pair New process on the watch
    -Follow the connection instructions.

Also be aware that other applications running Bluetooth Sharing functions can cause problems for the TomTom Sports App.

If you have applications like Bluetooth Phonebook Sharing, Airdrop, Fitbit or Garmin Connect installed on your phone you should Force Stop them before trying to pair and sync your watch to your phone again.

Please also be aware that not all smart phones are compatible. You'll find a list of the compatible phones on this link:
    https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/sports/phone-compatibility/

If your phone is not on the list, it still can work, be we can not guarantee it.

If that does not solve the problem, please come back to me by using the response link under my name."