Distance badges - fastest run — TomTom Community

Distance badges - fastest run

LapoLapo Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
Dear all,

I apologise in advance for opening a new discussion on a topic that might have been tackled before, but I could only find this discussion (and nothing conclusive). I like very much the system that labels my runs and activities, awarding little badges and medals for the fastest ones: it is a quick tool to see how you're performing and it keeps me motivated. I have understood the marking system - see discussion linked for reference - but I feel like it's contradictory, as the way it labels "short" and "long" runs is a bit arbitrary to me. Or, in this case, it does not seem to be reliable at all. See image attached for reference.

Anybody with a good explanation, or suggestions to fix?

Thank you!

Andrea
eb3c1deb-7713-4e2c-acf9-9d3ff46aa54b.jpg

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,676
    Superusers
    It is based on an arbitrary system that determines what is short and long and looks at all runs within a threshold of each label. There does not seem to be any rhyme or reason to it and there is no way to fix it.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • LapoLapo Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Oh, but that's quite frustrating, it makes the whole badge system worthless. It's a pity. Any idea if TomTom plans to update the algorithme in the next versions? It can't be that hard...
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,676
    Superusers
    Lapo wrote:
    Oh, but that's quite frustrating, it makes the whole badge system worthless. It's a pity. Any idea if TomTom plans to update the algorithme in the next versions? It can't be that hard...
    There is no next version. TT has left the wearables market and is no longer producing new devices. I would expect any changes go forward to be bug fixes only as they gradually sunset the existing lineup.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.