Navigating across French ZCR and ZPA zones — TomTom Community

Navigating across French ZCR and ZPA zones

adlammompadlammomp Posts: 9 [Legendary Explorer]
I am looking to drive across France over a couple of days in early May.

France is becoming a minefield of environmental zones.
www.crit-air.fr

Have sent for the vignette.

What assistance can Tomtom give to help me navigate through/around these environmental zones ?

How do you experienced navigators do it?

Comments

• [Gelöschter Benutzer][Gelöschter Benutzer] Posts: 5,321 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    adlammomp wrote:
    What assistance can Tomtom give to help me navigate through/around these environmental zones ?
    None.
    How do you experienced navigators do it?
    We pay attention to the signs.
  • adlammompadlammomp Posts: 9 [Legendary Explorer]
    Thanks EthoZ ! You have confirmed my worst fears.
    I had hoped that there was a better way than leaving the planning until I read the signs - much too late.

I have fear around these adjoining environmental zones, each run by their own independent prefectures, I see distinct possibilities of getting trapped.

I had hoped that there was a route-planning app that would be able to plan a route through, much like Tomtom does now when there are multiple road closures. Seems that is too much to ask for.
  • AsprinAsprin Posts: 271 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Take a look at this app:

[h1]Green-Zones[/h1]https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=greenzones.app&hl=en

Maybe it could be of some help to you.
    Thanks Asprin624, I already have that installed. Much better than paying attention to the signs, but missing any form of routing.

Perhaps Tomtom can get into bed with them to produce a routing solution?
    Thanks Ethos, I had read that old thread before I wrote this one, and originally thought to write there but the coin came up tails..
    ... yes that very same coin I will use trying to navigate these ZPAs.