Any NON-Bluetooth TomTom satnavs?

KshniKshni Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 30 in Travel lounge
Does TomTom have any current satnavs that don't require Bluetooth but can use the wifi from a dongle for route planning? I don't want to use up my phone's data allowance for the satnav, I have a cigarette lighter powered dongle that provides a wireless internet connection and I'd rather use that for whatever real-time traffic data instead of my phone. The dongle doesn't have Bluetooth, only internet.

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 13,187 [Superusers]
    Hi
    I'm in the UK
    Using a Wifi Hotspot on my Nokia 625 Win 10 Phone
    My NAV5(Wifi) GO 520 and GO 620 will receive Live Traffic over the Wifi Hotspot

ATB YFM
  • KshniKshni Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    YamFazMan wrote:
    Hi
    I'm in the UK
    Using a Wifi Hotspot on my Nokia 625 Win 10 Phone
    My NAV5(Wifi) GO 520 and GO 620 will receive Live Traffic over the Wifi Hotspot

ATB YFM

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm trying to avoid, burning up my phone's data allowance by using the wifi hotspot from a cigarette lighter dongle. I want to use a NON-phone's wifi (no hotspot) so the satnav is using the NON-phone's data, instead of my phone's data.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 13,187 [Superusers]
    Hi
    @Kshni
    Kshni wrote:
    I have a cigarette lighter powered dongle that provides a wireless internet connection
    If your dongle is broadcasting a standard 4.5GHZ Wi-Fi signal
    One of the latest NAV5 (Wi-Fi) devices should connect to it
    Once you have established a connection to your Wifi, the device will display Live Traffic

Maybe Halfords/Currys will allow a test ???

ATB YFM