What's wrong with the fitness age app?

Poppyfin
Poppyfin Registered Users Posts: 4
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Does not matter how fit I'm getting, my fitness age keeps rising. Can anyone explain? I train every day and feel very fit.

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,936
    Superuser
    Fitness points and age are only calculated for running and cycling activities with an HR above Zone 3. Otherwise it will have no impact. Even when it does, it seems to be a random, capricious measure that ties to very little. It is based on whatever algorithm TT came up with, which is different than what Garmin uses or Strava uses, or anyone else. Ultimately I don't expect a watch to be able to tell me how fit I am. My suggestion is to ignore it as it is meaningless.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Poppyfin
    Apprentice Traveler
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    Fitness points and age are only calculated for running and cycling activities with an HR above Zone 3. Otherwise it will have no impact. Even when it does, it seems to be a random, capricious measure that ties to very little. It is based on whatever algorithm TT came up with, which is different than what Garmin uses or Strava uses, or anyone else. Ultimately I don't expect a watch to be able to tell me how fit I am. My suggestion is to ignore it as it is meaningless.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Poppyfin
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thankyou! I thought as much. Feeling a hell of a lot fitter and that's what matters. Just a pity tomtom could not get this correct.
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,936
    Superuser
    Poppyfin wrote:
    Thankyou! I thought as much. Feeling a hell of a lot fitter and that's what matters. Just a pity tomtom could not get this correct.
    Glad I could help. When you get a chance please mark my response as a solution so others with the same question can look for it.