Contacting TomTom to cancel or change an order. — TomTom Community

Contacting TomTom to cancel or change an order.

TelMurTelMur Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
I started to program a route into my GO730 but was interrupted by an important update to TomTom HOME. On completion of the update I discovered that the function of running the device and programming it via my computer was no longer available.
There was an offer put to me to update to a discounted GO6200 which I decided to accept as my current model was now totally useless (even though I still have nine months map updates paid for). On completion of my order I noticed that the original discount had been removed and I had been charged full price for the new device. I then spent hours trying to contact TomTom support(does such a thing exist?) to try to rectify the error or cancel the order and try again. Every option selected to "Contact us" took me round in circles and back to the same "Sales" page displaying all the wonderful thing I can purchase. I have been unable to steer through the site and get the option to report a problem. My question is, Does anyone know how to get support from TomTom?
I tried an old support address but they refused to give assistance but gave me a URL to go to for help. Trying to follow their advice I got a report that the page could not be found. Great help!
Terry Murphy.
TomTom user for over 10yrs, now totally anti TomTom.
My Order Number is 4069589600 dated 16th Feb 2018.

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,309
    Superusers
    Call support:
    :flag_gb: United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

Do NOT provide a model when prompted in order for a live agent to respond.

By the way, if you still have maps available from a map subscription, they will be honoured for your current device.

Also, to 'trick' Home into getting a version of Home that still works with the emulator, see the steps below:

1) Uninstall TomTom Home
    2) Download last "good" version from http://download.tomtom.com/sweet/application/releases/v2_9_91_411_win.exe
    3) Install it without running ie, uncheck the 'Run Home' tick box when installation completes
    4) Using Windows Explorer, navigate to
    C:\Program Files\TomTom HOME 2\xul (32 bit Windows)
    or
    C:\Program Files (x86)\TomTom HOME 2\xul (64 bit Windows)
    and find application.ini file
    5) Edit application.ini file (you might need admin privileges) and modify "Version=2.9.91.411" to "Version=2.9.94.450"
    6) Run TomTom Home. It will believe to be running latest version 2.9.94.450 and therefore not pull the update.
  • TelMurTelMur Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you for some very useful info. I shall give them a call tomorrow and will now try to sort out the work-around with TomTom Home.
    The outstanding map updates will be of no use as the new device has "Lifetime Map Updates ". Thanks anyway though.

Your reply is much appreciated.
    Terry Murphy