Bug reports Speed cameras inaccuracy — TomTom Community

Bug reports Speed cameras inaccuracy

phoenixbbsphoenixbbs Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
I have a speed camera about half a mile away from home, but the app doesn't report it until I've gone past if I head in one direction. Heading in the other direction I only get an alert when my car is literally alongside the camera.

I received two alerts on the motorway, 70mph limit, the first to say I was exceeding the speed limit of 30mph, the second to say I was exceeding the limit of 60mph.

Software feedback: there should be a simple quick feedback / bug report option within the app, that automatically identifies the app and software version, and either puts us in the right forum, or gives us the easy option of emailing you direct.

Comments

• AsprinAsprin Posts: 271 [Supreme Pioneer]
    The camera and speed limit data are not saved in the app but received via network data. If there are errors or omissions then you might report them in the forum "Speed Cameras".

See link:

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/search?q=speed+camera
  • phoenixbbsphoenixbbs Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    The camera does exist on the system, the only other thing I can think of is how often it polls the server... The camera is just off a roundabout which leads to traffic lights within ~50 metres, the only other thing I can think of is it has trouble deciding whether to tell you given the other possible exits in the vicinity ?!?