TomTom- No GPS Signal 2019 | Week Number Roll-Over | TIMER Reset 00.00 | Error-"You cannot use this map"

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1112782/tomtom-no-gps-signal-2019#latest

Updated map full or errors!

mm5ahomm5aho Posts: 13 [Legendary Explorer]
edited November 2018 in Map quality
I bought a new map update as motorways and bridge routes had recently changed. But the new map is full of errors, not associated with the road changes. I put in one address and despite a correct label, it takes me to another place. I find one way roads labeled as 2 way, roads that closed years ago shown as open and roads opened more than 2 years ago not shown. Yet this isn't an old map I got sold, it has some of the very new roads shown.
Any suggestions? Can I revert to the old "out of date" map that was at least correct?

Comments

• NiallNiall Posts: 10,501 Superuser
    @mm5aho

Which actual version of the map(s) do you have, to find out see here https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12214/locale/en_GB

Also check MyDrive to see if that shows a better route
    Help others identify useful content :- - If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Like button 👍

If someone answered the question you asked? Answer Yes to "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"
  • mm5ahomm5aho Posts: 13 [Legendary Explorer]
    Will knowing the map version make it more accurate?
    @mm5aho

It will let the other users know exactly where your predicament is, as you can not revert to a previous version.
    Help others identify useful content :- - If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Like button 👍

If someone answered the question you asked? Answer Yes to "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"
    The link didn't help me find my map number, but I have found this in the GPS unit.
    V1000,8683 release 10/17
    BOxxxxxxxx89 (0) (23.4)
    I think the former is the map release number.

Tonight (UK time) I put in a street in a small town in Scotland. The map and instructions would have taken me to a town about 5 miles away with a different name. When in the original town, I tried to set a new destination of that same town (that I was already in) and it would have taken me to that other town.

In Glasgow and Edinburgh there are many one-way roads. My current map only recognises about half of them as one way. In December that cost me a ticket (camera on the road).

I wish I was able to revert to the old map. I certainly will not be buying a new TomTom map, that's not worth the risk. If I cannot find a solution, I'll buy a different brand I think.

Mod edit: Please don't post private or personal information on a public forum.Thanks
    @mm5aho

"BO">Via 130 / 135, 4GB + micro-SDHC, MyDrive Connect NAV3

You have the current Map version v1000, with a new version due in a couple of weeks.
    I know it is a bind but can you give actual details of where you VIA 130 gets is totally wrong in the Glasgow / Edinburgh corridor so others can check whether it is your devices map or generally TT have got it wrong

Well, there have been many, but recent ones include:
    * Travelling eastbound on the M9 to cross the Queensferry crossing, the GPS says to go through south queensferry (which was route to old bridge), yet it does have the roads for the new bridge.

* Nelson Mandella Place in Glasgow is not restricted entry according to map.

* Put in "Main Street Banton" (small village in Nth Lanarkshire near Kilsyth) and GPS will route to Cumbernauld Village about 5 miles away. And while in Banton, put in Banton, and it routes to Cumbernauld.

* From Westfield, W Lothian, put in Bathgate (only ~5-6 miles away) and it routes to Armadale.

* In Cumbria, from Carlisle, put in Whitehaven, and it routes south on the M6 (I forget where).

* Blackfriars St Edinburgh is not oneway according to TomTom.

Geoff
    This week I needed to go to a village called Eassie (near Glamis). Put it by postcode and it wanted to take me to some place in Fife. So I ignored that and went to near where I knew Eassie to be, and found it with no help from TomT, even though its marked on the map when I got there!