GPS with itinerary planning — TomTom Community

GPS with itinerary planning

DmklimaDmklima Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
I currently own a Tom Tom 1 Xl I am looking to upgrade my unit, I am looking for a newer version that includes the itinary planning. I use streets and trips and import itn file into gps. Any suggestions on what newer units have this capability
thank

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,481
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Dmklima
    All of the latest Tomtom NAV4/5 (Wifi) devices can use .ITN files... But require .ITN files to be transfered via a Micro SDHC Card ... The exception is the Motorcycle SatNav the Rider 4xx Range these devices also allow tranfer over the PC filing system and Bluetooth

All of the latest Tomtom devices use .GPX (Route) & (Track) Over the air via the MyDriveWeb route planner: See... https://mydrive.tomtom.com/en_gb/
    Various 3D Party Route planners also transfer .GPX (Route) & (Track) to the devices

I have never used Microsoft Streets and Trips

ATB YFM
  • DmklimaDmklima Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you for the information, much appreciated!
  • smonsensmonsen Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    The .itn files are in .../Documents/TomTom/My Backup/Itineraries/ on my computer. Do I copy them into the root directory (folder) of the Micro SDHC Card or do I need to create a folder for them? If so, is there a required name?

I used MS Streets and Trips for years when I was a Special Ed School Bus Driver 1999-2010. MS hasn't supported it for a long time. It will still run, but you can't update the roads.
    Superusers
    Hi
    @smonsen

To transfer a route to your NAV4 device using a Micro SD Memory Card.....
    Format your memory card on your PC to FAT32 format

Copy your .GPX or .ITN route file into the Root of your Memory Card

As far as I'm aware the file name has the same Character restrictions as a Microsoft file name

My GO 5000 showing no routes installed.....

ca63324a-1f9d-4ae6-b84e-f924cfccf9f8.jpgInsert the SD Memory card into the Card Slot the device will recognise the Memory Card.....

ee41c992-7c40-4ad4-bd6f-e6a4c258fe3f.jpg
    fcbd0e45-8cba-4575-996a-6715a6c67744.jpg
    2f5dc2eb-de59-4977-a3ef-4de9a15b21f0.jpg
    6b9f6fba-2499-4670-97b5-854c143f3382.jpg
    14213df2-c56b-46ad-a0b6-0d0f7abe13eb.jpgRoutes Transferred.....

Transferring routes using Micro SD Card
    The latest devices with 16GB of onboard Memory will be fine as long as all of the Installed Maps + Routes don't push the 400MB minimum free working space limit

Anyone using one of the Earlier NAV4 devices with 8 GB of memory who is maybe thinking trying transferring routes using MicroSD Card
    If your ALL of your Maps are installed on a Micro SD Card, you will have to install one of the smaller/smallest Map Zones to the Main memory on the device just to keep the device working while you swap the Micro SD Cards around during the Route Transfer (Devices with World Maps ??? can install one of the smaller Maps)

Even if your using one of the Map Zones installed on the main Memory The 400MB minimum free working space still applies

ATB YFM
  • smonsensmonsen Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Nice Demo! Now to go buy a Micro card, I have lots of the full size ones!
    Superusers
    Hi
    @smonsen

Compatible memory cards for map installation (MyDrive Connect)
    https://us.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25262/locale/en_US

ATB YFM