Option to "calibrate" in treadmill program

Mohi
Mohi Registered Users Posts: 4
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Hello

I have a Spark runner 2 (4Gb) but I will like to calibrate the distance in the treadmill program,, I see that in video there should be a option when pause after a certain distance... and scroll down, but I only have the options "Metrics" "playlists" and "phone" I will however have the opportunity to adjust the distance" after the run, but even I have adjusted to the correct distance at least the last 100 runs, it does not calibrate, and everytime the distance is about 25 % shorter, than the real run !?

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
    Superuser
    Treadmill mode is not great to be frank. The algorithms don't detect enough steps for most people, requiring you to correct it afterwards to adjust the distance. However, it does not learn anything from the correction; it is just adjusting the distance afterwards so the record is right. I personally don’t see the big deal since while in use the treadmill keeps track of distance and pace, so as long as the watch can be made to match at the end, it is a non-issue. I never even look at my watch on the treadmill, the treadmill display tells me everything I need (time, distance, pace, etc.). Most treadmills are pretty accurate on distance (even old ones are not going to be materially off) so just getting the records correct is fine for me. It will only prompt you to adjust the distance when you pause a few times, after that you press down and select to adjust it there.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Mohi
    Mohi Registered Users Posts: 4
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hello, and thanks for your reply

I see your point, but it seems still strange for me that I don't have the option to pause and calibrate during the run, I mean it is written in instructions that the option is there ??? see below
    I agree that I just can see the treadmills display the distance,,, But for me I don't (even I adjust the distance) see the correct history for my runs in the watch !? I also hope that if I got the opportunity to calibrate after a short period as descriped below, it must give at least a more accurate picture !?

I have tried to reset to factory settings, and I have updated with the latest software ffb59e95-45e0-414c-af66-bfd7d1b29aaf.jpg
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
    Superuser
    Those are very old instructions that have never been updated as they got rid of that years ago. They abandoned the idea of a learning calibration, you now simply correct the distance when you are done with the activity.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.