RDS-TMC is not working.| Start 42 — TomTom Community

RDS-TMC is not working.| Start 42

Mike42Mike42 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Services
I have a start42 which works OK but when I plug in the RDS-TMC it is recognised as connected but no traffic info comes through. I have reset and done a restore of software but nothing happens. I can confirm that the Start 42 is compatible with the TDC-RDS according to the box and web site. I have tried the satnav inside and outside the car but nothing comes up.

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,344
    Superusers
    With that combo charger, traffic should ONLY appear -- if at all -- while the unit is plugged into the cig lighter outlet in the car.

Try a drum reset on the unit by holding the power button about 20 seconds till you hear the drum sounds.

Support:

:flag_gb: United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
  • Mike42Mike42 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Done that. I do not think there is much more I can do!!!!!!!!!
  • SimeySimey Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    November 2020, I have the same problem as Mike above but only since the last update. Also the Radar warnings were deleted in that update from my TomTom..guess who got flashed because it didn't give me any notification anymore? :-( Not happy.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,248
    Superusers
    edited November 2020
    Hi
    @Simey
    Welcome to the site....
    The Speed Cam service has recently changed....
    The service is now a rolling subscription service.....
    (You can cancel the subscription at any time)

If your subscription is not active you will NO longer receive speed cam alerts.....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • SimeySimey Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks for replying YamFazMan. Does that also affect the reason why it also doesn't give me warnings about traffic jams anymore?
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,248
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Simey
    If you haven't got a current active Speed Cam subscription... Then 'YES' you will NO longer receive speed cam alerts....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM