Setting up a new account on TomTom and then registering my existing watch

Pelecwalker
Pelecwalker Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
I have bought a new PC and changed my email provider. I thought it would be easier just to set up a new Tom Tom account for my running watch. Setting up the account was fine; but impossible to register my exisiting watch as the website won't accept the serial number; and Tom Tom contact centre so far has been silent to my requests for support.Presumably because it was registered under my old profile that is the reason?
Any suggestions welcomed.

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,935
    Superuser
    To set the watch to a new account do a factory rest and it will take you through the registration process. Just enter the email you want to set the watch up under and it will register it there.

To do a factory reset, make sure the Connect software is running and dock the device to your computer. The Connect window will open; press the gear at the top right and select factory reset from the next screen. Follow the steps provided and when prompted to register or sign in to MySports, select sign in and use your existing account credentials. It is fairly straightforward and should take less than 5 minutes.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Pelecwalker
    Pelecwalker Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Many thanks