Spark updated and now it dies after a few hours

Colin.oh
Colin.oh Registered Users Posts: 6
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
My spark was updated and now it dies every day. I might get 6-8 hours before it just switches off. No low battery warning.
I tried resetting it and still have the same proble.
Also, the watch reads as verson 1.7.64
1ccc7b03-7a64-4165-9ab3-d52389e06890.png
but on the website the version dosent exist. The latest is 1.7.62
2ecb666c-7e64-47b3-bc2b-93fd41995743.png

Mod edit: Please do not post/attach any personal information on a public forum!

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,939
    Superuser
    1.6.4 is the latest version that was just released to fix the BT problems but I am not sure it fixes the battery issues. rather than a factory reset, try a power off reboot, I am not sure it will help but it can't hurt. If it doesn't you need to call Customer Support.

1) Plug the watch into the computer and in MySports Connect, click the Gear Icon
    2) Press CTRL (Windows) or CMD (MAC) on your keyboard while you hover your mouse over the reset button.
    3) You'll see the reset button turns into a "Turn Off" button.
    4) Click it, disconnect the watch and the screen will go dead.
    5) Reconnect the watch and it will wake up and quick fix should now update as usual.

To get the number for Customer Support, select Contact Us at the bottom of this page, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Derek Schott
    Derek Schott Registered Users Posts: 7
    Legendary Explorer
    I had my watch update to the dreaded 1.7.64 update (they need to fire whomever wrote that garbage). Watch would last 4-5 days without charge. Now, on a full charge, it is dead in under 5 minutes. How do we fix this??
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,939
    Superuser
    I had my watch update to the dreaded 1.7.64 update (they need to fire whomever wrote that garbage). Watch would last 4-5 days without charge. Now, on a full charge, it is dead in under 5 minutes. How do we fix this??
    If you search the forums you will find this is a known issue for many users with the recent updates, even though 1.7.64 was supposed to fix it. They are reportedly working on a fix, but no timeline has been communicated but in the meanwhile you always have the option of syncing via computer. If you go to this post and ask the moderator to roll back your firmware version to 1.3.255 it should fix it.

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/spark-and-spark-3-runner-2-and-runner-3-473/unable-to-pair-sync-after-update-to-firmware-v1-7-53-runner-and-spark-watch-series-1030088

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Derek Schott
    Derek Schott Registered Users Posts: 7
    Legendary Explorer
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    If you search the forums you will find this is a known issue for many users with the recent updates, even though 1.7.64 was supposed to fix it. They are reportedly working on a fix, but no timeline has been communicated but in the meanwhile you always have the option of syncing via computer. If you go to this post and ask the moderator to roll back your firmware version to 1.3.255 it should fix it.

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/spark-and-spark-3-runner-2-and-runner-3-473/unable-to-pair-sync-after-update-to-firmware-v1-7-53-runner-and-spark-watch-series-1030088

Not a solution when days later nothing has been done about it. Sorry but after this TomTom can go completely under and I wont give a rip. They obviously have serious problems in their software engineering department and searching out moderators, following links all over forums where hundreds have the same problem due to mismanagement, is not a solution.

This whole thing has made a dozen people sitting here laugh at what a joke it is. It is really simple people- don't mess with things that aren't broken. They produced a nice hardware device, and ruined it with one of the crappiest firmware updates I've ever seen. Six months to fix? How damn hard is it to roll back the firmware when you log in? A kid in highschool could do that. You are telling me that it takes them a half year to do that? Again, TomTom stock is now worth crap and for good reason...