Huawei P10 not staying connected to Runner 3.

mdickson73
mdickson73 Registered Users Posts: 1
New Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Since changing my phone from the Sony Xperia Z5 Compact to the Huawei P10 it has not maintained its connection to the Runner 3 watch.

When it comes in range of my old Sony it makes that connection but struggles to connect to the Huawei. Anyone else have similar experiences?

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,932
    Superuser
    There is a known issue with the Huawei phones:

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/spark-and-spark-3-runner-2-and-runner-3-473/tomtom-runner-3-not-pairing-with-my-huawei-p8-lite-1029835

You will have to sync by computer until it is fixed (if it is at all - TT has left the sports watch market altogether and is not producing any new devices so they may never fix it).
    I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 5,942
    Hi mdickson73,

Welcome to the Community!

We only have issues with the Huawei P8 or P8 Lite phone models which are not pairing with the Spark watches. I've now linked your account to the firmware version 1.7.64, please connect your watch to the computer and Sports Connect will offer the software to download.

Once you update the watch with 1.7.64 version, please make sure to remove it from the Bluetooth devices on your Huawei smartphone before pairing. Let us know the outcome!

Cheers, lampard