My TomTom watch wants to connect to random computers

emilieanne
emilieanne Registered Users Posts: 4
Apprentice Seeker
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
My Tomtom watch wants to connect to random computers. Is there a way to stop this? I saw this on a friend’s macbook, I don’t want this to happen with strangers. Thanks!!

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
    Superuser
    The watch can only connect to a computer if you plug it in through a USB port, it does not wirelessly connect to computers as the mobile apps are for phones only. Perhaps the computer just picked up a BT connection? If so (which seems unlikely unless you were pairing it at the time, it cannot connect to the watch without a physical connection.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • emilieanne
    emilieanne Registered Users Posts: 4
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi and thanks for answering. It wasn't connected physically nor was it in the computer's bluetooth connections, it was simply popping up on his macbook saying that "TomTom is trying to connect with this macbook"... Not sure what caused it and what prevents that from happening with other random macbooks or other bluetooth enabled computers...