Registration?

Doyley
Doyley Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Here're a couple of simple questions that you can laugh about behind my back:
  1. How do I register my watch if I've already set up TomTom Sports and the app?
  2. What setting should I use on my Runner 3 if I mainly use it when walking - run or freestyle?
M.

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,938
    Superuser
    Doyley wrote:
    Here're a couple of simple questions that you can laugh about behind my back:
    1. How do I register my watch if I've already set up TomTom Sports and the app?
    2. What setting should I use on my Runner 3 if I mainly use it when walking - run or freestyle?
    M.
    You need to register it through a computer, not the app. Go to tomtom.com/123 and download the Connect software and when you plug the watch into a compute it will prompt you to register it.

For walking you should use Freestyle. You will still get distance, pace and HR but will also get calories based on HR (in running mode it uses METs values).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Doyley
    Doyley Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thanks Tommy. I'd seen your answer from a year ago, regarding re-installing the Connect software. I'd already installed it and stupidly clicked through the registration business, because I was so intent on getting to use my new watch. So, I trashed the Connect software, re-downloaded, re-installed and set up from scratch. However, it gave me no option to register.
    Any thoughts?

Regarding using Freestyle, that's what I thought, so thanks. Maybe one day I'll graduate to running.

I'm really enjoying the watch and (so far!) I've had no problems with it at all. No problems that were not caused by me, that is!

Thanks for your help.
    Regards,
    MArk.
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,938
    Superuser
    Doyley wrote:
    Thanks Tommy. I'd seen your answer from a year ago, regarding re-installing the Connect software. I'd already installed it and stupidly clicked through the registration business, because I was so intent on getting to use my new watch. So, I trashed the Connect software, re-downloaded, re-installed and set up from scratch. However, it gave me no option to register.
    Any thoughts?

Regarding using Freestyle, that's what I thought, so thanks. Maybe one day I'll graduate to running.

I'm really enjoying the watch and (so far!) I've had no problems with it at all. No problems that were not caused by me, that is!

Thanks for your help.
    Regards,
    MArk.
    Factory reset the watch and it will prompt you to register as part of the process. To do a factory reset, make sure the Connect software is running and dock the watch to your computer. The Connect window will open; press the gear at the top right and select Factory reset from the next screen. Follow the steps provided, giving the watch the same name and using the same email address. When prompted to register or sign in to MySports, select sign in and use your existing account credentials. It is fairly straightforward and should take less than 5 minutes.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.