Map Updates — TomTom Community

Map Updates

Approximately 6 months ago I purchased Map updates for 1 year. I have now had an email telling me that that my device is no longer supported , therefore I feel I am due a refund for the unused months.

Comments

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,257 Moderator
    Hi richere

Welcome to the community:)

The map updates for your device will continue till you have a valid subscription on your account.

Regards
    Vikram
  • Very DisappointedVery Disappointed Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Vikram I am in the same position on one of my devices which had a lifetime offer. I must say I am angry that a perfectly serviceable device is being dumped by Tom Tom. Up until discovering this today I was recommending Tom Toms to all my friends; especially the traffic warning facility.

I was wondering why the traffic facility was dropping out so often now. My bottom line now is that I will switch to Waze that costs me nothing.

I am very disappointed, and indeed angry, with this total disregard for reducing waste. I would have bought Tom Tom again if my device broken down due to age. However, just abandoning servicable devices in order to get us to buy new is reprehensible and not at all responsible; especially when we are being badgered to go green. As someone who lives on a limited income I find this is unforgivable.

So bye bye Tom Tom.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,481
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Very Disappointed
    Tomtom have already stated that Lifetime Maps and any existing Map Subscriptions will be honoured

See VikramK Post (TomTom Staff) Here....
    https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/news-and-announcements-37/end-of-life-device-with-lifetime-maps-1032484/index1.html#post1207861

If you have Lifetime Maps or an existing Map Subscriptions Call Tomtom Support...
    Important... When Phoning....
    When prompted by the Auto Response System DO NOT provide your Tomtom model information stay silent, wait for a live Tomtom agent to respond

Phone Tomtom Support...
    https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/travel-lounge-154/customer-support-phone-numbers-988105/index1.html#post1020431

ATB YFM