No gps signal on NB1 (Mazda CX-5) — TomTom Community

No gps signal on NB1 (Mazda CX-5)

wrightieswrighties Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
edited January 2019 in Built in car navigation
Looking online, this appears to be quite a common fault, but I can't find a solution...
About a month ago 'waiting for a valid gps signal' appeared on the display. We thought it was maybe time for an update so I did that last week... same problem. If I try to navigate to a location it tells me it is busy planning a route & sticks on that - presumably because it doesn't know where I am. I have tapped the GPS Status screen & it just shows the cirlce spinning & can't find any coordinates

Comments

• Jim bdJim bd Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Same promblam piece of junk have updated 4times. Still doesent work took to madzer they got it working lasted a day i would like to install a different device. So only thing to do now is try a new sd card good luck with yours
  • wrightieswrighties Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Mine IS a new ad card, makes no difference. Goes in to Mazda on Tuesday for them to take a look.
    have you checked your diagnostic codes? It would be interesting to know if yours are different to mine. Take a look at

https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123817763-2013-Mazda-CX-5-Diagnostic-Codes
    Hi thanks took the car back to madzer today they checked the card everything is pk but still doesent work its going back again on monday seebif they can fix it its ashame you cant use a navman or some other card Will post how they go
  • wrightieswrighties Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    finally got mine sorted... gps antenna at fault - given that this is a non-mechanical/moving part which is inaccessible and therefore cannot suffer general wear & tear or be externally damaged, I can’t help thinking that there must have been an inherent manufacturing issue with the part... let's see what Mazda say !
    Mine is now working the promblam was the dash cam interferening with the signel